Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"the walk..."...is now......."a 'morning' walk in the park..."

...Kaka`ako Park, that is.

The 10-11 day, circle-island sojourn is reduced to history.  This Saturday morning, 19 November 2011, a very confused presence for some of us will occur as the 7+ year futile effort to raise money to support the precedent setting efforts of Utu Langi and...thanks to former governor Lingle, the only person in government in the last decade who has demonstrated a reasonable government response to the crisis of homelessness in this state...that has allowed Mr. Langi to create "The Next Step" shelter and it's follow-up shelters on the island...through his non-profit creation, H5, Hawai`i Helping the Hungry Have Hope, that now enters an enhanced survival mode.

My effort here, once again, will probably also be futile, as I will attempt to re-birth <-=this=-> dormant effort.  But if any of my attempt to bring to your awareness, the homeless culture and their plight that has been so profoundly magnified...beyond the boundaries of this country....and you have the means to financially 'lend a hand'.....then I hope this link...

http://www.hawaiiwalkthetalk.org

...will tell you about the walk from their words...and/or to choose a walker to sponsor...(me?)...

http://www.hawaiiwalkthetalk.org/walkers.asp

...o-o-or...what 'they' are passing as if it were my words asking you to donate to the agency acknowledging me as the reason why you give to them...

https://ssl11.secureddomain.net/hawaiiwalkthetalk-org/SponsorMe.asp?intWalkerID=18

...where you will see the 2009 pix of me at the beginning of Day 8 just before leaving Yokohama Bay Beach with my technology on my back as the 'embedded combat reporter' then...


...please, personally comment to me(...ask for 'that' to not be published here, I will do as you request...) if you do give...so that I may know from other sources if any of my effort is producing a desired result.

Any/All comments tendered that are civil in nature...with or without the ability to provide or evidence of providing a donation to H5...comments which can/may be constructively critical to my publishing effort...will be allowed to disagree with me...and will definitely be approved to be shown here.


The eleven November 2009 posts in the archive listing at the top of the column on the right show(500+ pix) and tell(it's 'story time') what happened in 11 days as the group of us circumnavigated the island during the 5th annual "Walk the Talk"...and besides this post, are the ONLY postings on this blog that are approaching a complete presence...all the rest are just like me....a 'work' in progress...(?)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanx for your comments...